Ministry of Human Resource Development
Posted On: 27 Jul 2018 9:53AM
PRESS INFORMATION BUREAU
Government of India
Pratishtha Bhavan, Maharshi Karve Rd, Marine Lines, Mumbai
022-2206 9413 http://email@example.com@PIBMumbai /PIBMumbai
July 27, 2018
Media Briefing on activities planned for workshop on 'Student Solar Ambassadors'
As part of Diamond Jubilee celebrations and to commemorate the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation, IIT Bombay is organising ‘Student Solar Ambassadors Workshop’ on October 2, 2018.
In this regard, a Press Conference is being held to provide an update on the planned activities for the workshop.
The conference will be addressed by Prof. Chetan Singh Solanki, Department of Energy Science & Engineering of IIT Bombay. The program includes: Presentation by Prof. Chetan Singh Solanki on Student Solar Ambassadors Workshop, Q & A session with media, followed by High tea.
03.00 p.m. | July 27, 2018
Jal Vihar Guest House Conference Room (Ground Floor), IIT Bombay Campus, Powai, Mumbai 400076
N. S. Dabholkar, Chief Manager Hospitality and Actg. Public Relations Officer, Publications & Public Relations, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay; Tel: (+91-22) 25767026-27
You are requested to depute your correspondent/cameraperson/photographer to cover the event. You are requested to confirm your presence in the link below:
Key features of the workshop scheduled during Gandhi Jayanti on October 2, 2018:
- Unique and world's Largest solar lamp assembly workshop
- This is a pan-India event and will take simultaneously in every state in which 1 lakh students will get their solar lamp on the same day
- 5000 school students from 100 schools will come together to IIT Bombay and learn to assemble their own lamp under the guidance of expert trainers on October 2, 2018
- This initiative is called Student Solar Ambassador wherein students will act as promoter of solar energy for sustainable future on the Earth
- Based on SoULS (Solar Urja through Localization for Sustainability) program, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has adopted solar lamp assembly as a part of their curriculum. One of the main objectives of the 1 lakh lamp workshop is encourage all education boards including CBSE and state education boards to include hands on training of solar lamps as part of their curriculum
Dheep Joy Mampilly
Deputy Director, (Media & Communication)
- Print media, electronic media and online media organizations
- DD News
- NSD, All India Radio
- PTI, ANI, UNI and other news agencies
Jal Vihar Guest House Conference Room (Ground Floor), IIT Bombay Campus, Powai, Mumbai
27 Jul 2018 3:00PM