English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Defence19-August, 2014 18:21 IST
|India and Singapore Pledged to Enhance Defence Relationship |
The Minister of Defence of Singapore, Dr Ng Eng Hen, who is on official visit to India, met Defence Minister Shri Arun Jaitley, at South Block, here today. The Singapore Defence Minister was accompanied by the High Commissioner of Singapore in India Mr Lim Thuan Kuan and other officials of the Singapore Ministry of Defence and the Armed Forces. The Indian delegation included Defence Secretary Shri RK Mathur and Chief of the Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman, Chief of the Staff Committee (CISC) Air Marshal PP Reddy as well as other senior officers of the Ministry of Defence, MEA and Armed Forces. Prior to the meeting, the Singapore Defence Minister laid a wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti. He was accorded a ceremonial Guard of Honour at South Block. |
During the meeting, both Ministers expressed satisfaction over the wide ranging and comprehensive defence exchanges between both countries and agreed that the enhancement of defence relationship between the two countries was in the mutual interest.
Both Ministers exchanged views on the global and regional security scenario. In the context of security situation in the Asia Pacific region, both Ministers acknowledged the role of the ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting (ADMM)-Plus framework in promoting dialogue and consensus in the region.
Both Ministers noted the commonalities in the security concerns of India and Singapore and acknowledged that there was scope for both countries to continue to work together for peace and stability.
Both Ministers agreed to continue the robust engagements and to continue to work together to further substantiate defence interactions in the areas of mutual benefit.
(Release ID :108876)