English Release 20-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Congratulates Medal Winners in
Asian Games 2014
- President of India condoles the passing away of Uppalapu Srinivas
- Prime Minister's Office
- Sashastra Seema Bal, SRM University and ITC make donations for PMNRF
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Suicide prevention a health priority: Health Minister
- Health Ministry to take up anti-noise pollution initiatives
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Bharat Pensioners’ Samaj donates to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Corrigendum for Press Release issued on 19th Sept, 2014 on Meeting of Mrs Melinda Gates and Mr Bill Gates with Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
Ministry of Defence19-August, 2014 18:21 IST
|India and Singapore Pledged to Enhance Defence Relationship |
The Minister of Defence of Singapore, Dr Ng Eng Hen, who is on official visit to India, met Defence Minister Shri Arun Jaitley, at South Block, here today. The Singapore Defence Minister was accompanied by the High Commissioner of Singapore in India Mr Lim Thuan Kuan and other officials of the Singapore Ministry of Defence and the Armed Forces. The Indian delegation included Defence Secretary Shri RK Mathur and Chief of the Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman, Chief of the Staff Committee (CISC) Air Marshal PP Reddy as well as other senior officers of the Ministry of Defence, MEA and Armed Forces. Prior to the meeting, the Singapore Defence Minister laid a wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti. He was accorded a ceremonial Guard of Honour at South Block. |
During the meeting, both Ministers expressed satisfaction over the wide ranging and comprehensive defence exchanges between both countries and agreed that the enhancement of defence relationship between the two countries was in the mutual interest.
Both Ministers exchanged views on the global and regional security scenario. In the context of security situation in the Asia Pacific region, both Ministers acknowledged the role of the ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting (ADMM)-Plus framework in promoting dialogue and consensus in the region.
Both Ministers noted the commonalities in the security concerns of India and Singapore and acknowledged that there was scope for both countries to continue to work together for peace and stability.
Both Ministers agreed to continue the robust engagements and to continue to work together to further substantiate defence interactions in the areas of mutual benefit.
(Release ID :108876)