English Release 11-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India presents standard to 112 HU and colours to 4 BRD of Indian Air Force
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Fact Sheet on Chandigarh
- Election Expenditure per elector up by twenty times in 2009 compared to first General Elections
- Fact Sheet on NCT of Delhi
- Press Note
- Min of Civil Aviation
- India Aviation – 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- India’s Foreign Trade: February, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.46 per bbl on 10.3.2014
Ministry of Water Resources18-December, 2006 16:4 IST
|Swarna Rekha Multi-Purpose Project|
Swarna Rekha Multi Purpose project consists of two dams viz., Chandil dam and Icha dam. Due to construction of Chandil dam total 116 villages are affected in Jharkhand. Out of 116 villages, 38 villages are likely to be fully submerged and 78 villages would be partially submerged. Due to construction of Icha dam, total 87 villages are likely to be affected in Jharkhand and 36 villages in Orissa. Out of 87 villages affected in Jharkhand, 26 villages are likely to be fully submerged and 61 villages would be partially submerged.
In Chandil sector, 98 villages have been paid compensation for land and houses acquired while in Icha sector where currently land acquisition and rehabilitation work has been suspended due to cessation of the construction of Icha dam, 33 villages have been paid the compensation.
Resettlement and rehabilitation works are in progress by the State Governments. Irrigation is a State subject and planning, execution, funding as well as resettlement and rehabilitation of the project affected persons is within the purview of State Governments as per their own policies.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Water Resources, Shri Jai Prakash Narayan Yadav in response to a question by Shri Giridhari Yadav and Shri Sunil Kumar Mahato in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :23425)