English Release 16-April 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Probationers of Indian Postal Service and Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service call on the President
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (5th Poll Day)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Indian Industry has an Important Role to Play in Developing Standards: Cabinet Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, ARECA Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 61st National Film Awards for 2013 Announced
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery declines to Rs 5.49/litre for the fortnight commencing 16.4.2014
Ministry of Water Resources18-December, 2006 16:4 IST
|Swarna Rekha Multi-Purpose Project|
Swarna Rekha Multi Purpose project consists of two dams viz., Chandil dam and Icha dam. Due to construction of Chandil dam total 116 villages are affected in Jharkhand. Out of 116 villages, 38 villages are likely to be fully submerged and 78 villages would be partially submerged. Due to construction of Icha dam, total 87 villages are likely to be affected in Jharkhand and 36 villages in Orissa. Out of 87 villages affected in Jharkhand, 26 villages are likely to be fully submerged and 61 villages would be partially submerged.
In Chandil sector, 98 villages have been paid compensation for land and houses acquired while in Icha sector where currently land acquisition and rehabilitation work has been suspended due to cessation of the construction of Icha dam, 33 villages have been paid the compensation.
Resettlement and rehabilitation works are in progress by the State Governments. Irrigation is a State subject and planning, execution, funding as well as resettlement and rehabilitation of the project affected persons is within the purview of State Governments as per their own policies.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Water Resources, Shri Jai Prakash Narayan Yadav in response to a question by Shri Giridhari Yadav and Shri Sunil Kumar Mahato in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :23425)