English Release 26-July 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM hosts farewell dinner in honour of Gen. Bikram Singh
- Prime Minister launches MyGov: A platform for Citizen Engagement towards Surajya
- PM pays homage to martyrs on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- MyGov: A portal for Citizen Engagement towards governance launched
- Min of Defence
- Army Celebrates Kargil Vijay Diwas at Dras
- Min of Home Affairs
- Clarification Regarding India’s Migration Policy
- Ministry of Railways
- Conference on Train Protection and Energy Management System Held
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr. Jitendra Singh Inaugurates 'Expo-2014' Science Exhibition
Says Science and Technology Developments Requires a Wider Exposure
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Water Resources18-December, 2006 16:4 IST
|Swarna Rekha Multi-Purpose Project|
Swarna Rekha Multi Purpose project consists of two dams viz., Chandil dam and Icha dam. Due to construction of Chandil dam total 116 villages are affected in Jharkhand. Out of 116 villages, 38 villages are likely to be fully submerged and 78 villages would be partially submerged. Due to construction of Icha dam, total 87 villages are likely to be affected in Jharkhand and 36 villages in Orissa. Out of 87 villages affected in Jharkhand, 26 villages are likely to be fully submerged and 61 villages would be partially submerged.
In Chandil sector, 98 villages have been paid compensation for land and houses acquired while in Icha sector where currently land acquisition and rehabilitation work has been suspended due to cessation of the construction of Icha dam, 33 villages have been paid the compensation.
Resettlement and rehabilitation works are in progress by the State Governments. Irrigation is a State subject and planning, execution, funding as well as resettlement and rehabilitation of the project affected persons is within the purview of State Governments as per their own policies.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Water Resources, Shri Jai Prakash Narayan Yadav in response to a question by Shri Giridhari Yadav and Shri Sunil Kumar Mahato in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :23425)