English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Water Resources18-December, 2006 16:4 IST
|Swarna Rekha Multi-Purpose Project|
Swarna Rekha Multi Purpose project consists of two dams viz., Chandil dam and Icha dam. Due to construction of Chandil dam total 116 villages are affected in Jharkhand. Out of 116 villages, 38 villages are likely to be fully submerged and 78 villages would be partially submerged. Due to construction of Icha dam, total 87 villages are likely to be affected in Jharkhand and 36 villages in Orissa. Out of 87 villages affected in Jharkhand, 26 villages are likely to be fully submerged and 61 villages would be partially submerged.
In Chandil sector, 98 villages have been paid compensation for land and houses acquired while in Icha sector where currently land acquisition and rehabilitation work has been suspended due to cessation of the construction of Icha dam, 33 villages have been paid the compensation.
Resettlement and rehabilitation works are in progress by the State Governments. Irrigation is a State subject and planning, execution, funding as well as resettlement and rehabilitation of the project affected persons is within the purview of State Governments as per their own policies.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Water Resources, Shri Jai Prakash Narayan Yadav in response to a question by Shri Giridhari Yadav and Shri Sunil Kumar Mahato in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :23425)