English Release 16-April 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Probationers of Indian Postal Service and Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service call on the President
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (5th Poll Day)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Indian Industry has an Important Role to Play in Developing Standards: Cabinet Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, ARECA Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 61st National Film Awards for 2013 Announced
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery declines to Rs 5.49/litre for the fortnight commencing 16.4.2014
Cabinet30-January, 2008 15:0 IST
|Merger 50% of Dearness Allowance with basic pay to the
employees of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs)
following 1997 Industrial Dearness Allowance (IDA)
pattern of scales of pay
|The Union Cabinet today gave its approval to the following :
(i) For merging a portion of IDA equal to 50% of the existing basic pay in respect of employees in CPSEs following IDA pattern of pay scales at 1997 levels in case of Board level/below board level executives and non-unionized supervisors, with the basic pay of the employees w.e.from 1.1.2007 and showing distinctly as Dearness Pay (DP) which would be counted for purposes like payment of allowances, transfer grant, retirement benefits, contribution to Contributory Provident Fund, various, Licence fee, various advances etc. In the case of unionised workmen, the Board may take a decision after negotiation with the union.
(ii) For allowing the above benefit of merger of DIA to CPSEs that are not loss making and are in a position to absorb the additional expenditure on account of said merger of IDA without any budgetary support from the Government. No budgetary support would be provided for this purpose.
(iii) Extension of (i) above to the IDA pattern to employees of Food Corporation of India,
(iv) Determination of the entitlements for LTC, TA/DA while on tour and trasfer etc. on the basic pay alone without taking into account Dearness Pay,
(v) Deducting the DA converted into Dearness Pay from the existing rate of DA while computing quantum of Dearness/Allowance,
(vi) The Board of Directors of each CPSE would consider the proposal for 50% merer of DA with Basic Pay for executives and workmen keeping in mind the capacity of the company to pay and submit a proposal to the Administrative Ministry which will approve the proposal with the concurrence of its Financial Advisor.
This would benefit the employees following IDA pattern of pay scales in CPSEs, which are in a position to absorb the additional expenditure without budgetary support.
(Release ID :34994)