English Release 20-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Congratulates Medal Winners in
Asian Games 2014
- President of India condoles the passing away of Uppalapu Srinivas
- Prime Minister's Office
- Sashastra Seema Bal, SRM University and ITC make donations for PMNRF
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Suicide prevention a health priority: Health Minister
- Health Ministry to take up anti-noise pollution initiatives
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Bharat Pensioners’ Samaj donates to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Corrigendum for Press Release issued on 19th Sept, 2014 on Meeting of Mrs Melinda Gates and Mr Bill Gates with Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
Cabinet30-January, 2008 15:0 IST
|Merger 50% of Dearness Allowance with basic pay to the
employees of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs)
following 1997 Industrial Dearness Allowance (IDA)
pattern of scales of pay
|The Union Cabinet today gave its approval to the following :
(i) For merging a portion of IDA equal to 50% of the existing basic pay in respect of employees in CPSEs following IDA pattern of pay scales at 1997 levels in case of Board level/below board level executives and non-unionized supervisors, with the basic pay of the employees w.e.from 1.1.2007 and showing distinctly as Dearness Pay (DP) which would be counted for purposes like payment of allowances, transfer grant, retirement benefits, contribution to Contributory Provident Fund, various, Licence fee, various advances etc. In the case of unionised workmen, the Board may take a decision after negotiation with the union.
(ii) For allowing the above benefit of merger of DIA to CPSEs that are not loss making and are in a position to absorb the additional expenditure on account of said merger of IDA without any budgetary support from the Government. No budgetary support would be provided for this purpose.
(iii) Extension of (i) above to the IDA pattern to employees of Food Corporation of India,
(iv) Determination of the entitlements for LTC, TA/DA while on tour and trasfer etc. on the basic pay alone without taking into account Dearness Pay,
(v) Deducting the DA converted into Dearness Pay from the existing rate of DA while computing quantum of Dearness/Allowance,
(vi) The Board of Directors of each CPSE would consider the proposal for 50% merer of DA with Basic Pay for executives and workmen keeping in mind the capacity of the company to pay and submit a proposal to the Administrative Ministry which will approve the proposal with the concurrence of its Financial Advisor.
This would benefit the employees following IDA pattern of pay scales in CPSEs, which are in a position to absorb the additional expenditure without budgetary support.
(Release ID :34994)