English Release 19-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee at the banquet hosted in honour of the President of The People’s Republic of China, H.E. Mr. Xi Jinping
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles the passing away of renowned musician Uppalapu Shrinivas
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 96.17 per bbl on 18.09.2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on September 18, 2014
Ministry of Defence04-March, 2008 16:19 IST
|21 Students of Sainik School Kunjpura selected for NDA|
|Twenty one students of Sainik School Kunjpura are all set to join 120th course of National Defence Academy, Khadagwasla, scheduled to commence in June this year. In addition, four students of the previous batch have also qualified for Joining NDA thus taking the total number of achievers to 25. This is an enviable feat accomplished by this unique and premier institution of the State of Haryana. This is the best result in the last 40 years though the school was able to achieve similar success in the year 2006 when it could send 17 boys to NDA.
A total of 587 students from the school have joined in the Officer Cadre of the Armed Forces through the National Defence Academy (NDA), till Jan 08. Besides NDA entry, a good number of students have joined as officers in the Armed Force through direct entry (i.e. through CDS, AFA and OTA etc.)
Sainik School Kunjpura has given the country statesmen and leaders of the stature of Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Chief Minister of Haryana and General Deepak Kapoor, Chief of Army Staff, besides a large number of luminaries in Armed Forces and other fields. The school is also privileged to have many of its alumni as Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers and Managers in corporate sector. An alumnus Sant Kumar, who is presently holding the rank of Colonel in the Army, had represented India in the 1980 Olympics held at Moscow.
SK / RAJ
(Release ID :35950)