English Release 1-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s address during his visit to Taimei Elementary School in Tokyo, Japan
- PM’s keynote address at the luncheon hosted by Nippon Kiedanren – the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Japan-India Business Cooperation Committee
- PM visits Taimei Elementary School in Tokyo
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister Denies Reports of Bilateral Talks with PAK Counterpart in Kathmandu
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery decreased to Rs 0.08/litre for the fortnight commencing 01.09.2014
Ministry of Defence04-March, 2008 16:19 IST
|21 Students of Sainik School Kunjpura selected for NDA|
|Twenty one students of Sainik School Kunjpura are all set to join 120th course of National Defence Academy, Khadagwasla, scheduled to commence in June this year. In addition, four students of the previous batch have also qualified for Joining NDA thus taking the total number of achievers to 25. This is an enviable feat accomplished by this unique and premier institution of the State of Haryana. This is the best result in the last 40 years though the school was able to achieve similar success in the year 2006 when it could send 17 boys to NDA.
A total of 587 students from the school have joined in the Officer Cadre of the Armed Forces through the National Defence Academy (NDA), till Jan 08. Besides NDA entry, a good number of students have joined as officers in the Armed Force through direct entry (i.e. through CDS, AFA and OTA etc.)
Sainik School Kunjpura has given the country statesmen and leaders of the stature of Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Chief Minister of Haryana and General Deepak Kapoor, Chief of Army Staff, besides a large number of luminaries in Armed Forces and other fields. The school is also privileged to have many of its alumni as Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers and Managers in corporate sector. An alumnus Sant Kumar, who is presently holding the rank of Colonel in the Army, had represented India in the 1980 Olympics held at Moscow.
SK / RAJ
(Release ID :35950)