English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Defence04-March, 2008 16:19 IST
|21 Students of Sainik School Kunjpura selected for NDA|
|Twenty one students of Sainik School Kunjpura are all set to join 120th course of National Defence Academy, Khadagwasla, scheduled to commence in June this year. In addition, four students of the previous batch have also qualified for Joining NDA thus taking the total number of achievers to 25. This is an enviable feat accomplished by this unique and premier institution of the State of Haryana. This is the best result in the last 40 years though the school was able to achieve similar success in the year 2006 when it could send 17 boys to NDA.
A total of 587 students from the school have joined in the Officer Cadre of the Armed Forces through the National Defence Academy (NDA), till Jan 08. Besides NDA entry, a good number of students have joined as officers in the Armed Force through direct entry (i.e. through CDS, AFA and OTA etc.)
Sainik School Kunjpura has given the country statesmen and leaders of the stature of Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Chief Minister of Haryana and General Deepak Kapoor, Chief of Army Staff, besides a large number of luminaries in Armed Forces and other fields. The school is also privileged to have many of its alumni as Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers and Managers in corporate sector. An alumnus Sant Kumar, who is presently holding the rank of Colonel in the Army, had represented India in the 1980 Olympics held at Moscow.
SK / RAJ
(Release ID :35950)