English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Power11-September, 2008 18:19 IST
|Shri S. Jayaraman takes over as Member, CERC|
|Union Minister of Power, Shri Sushilkumar Shinde, today administered the Oath of Office and Secrecy to Shri S. Jayaraman as Member of Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC).
Shri S. Jayaraman was born on 10.5.1948. He holds BSc. Degree and is an FICWA. He woked for more than 20 years in the mining and power sector and retired as Chairman and Managing Director of Neyveli Lignite Corporation in May 2008.
The Central Electricity Regulatory Commission had been established by the Government of India under the provisions of the Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act, 1998 and is deemed to be constituted under the corresponding provisions of the Electricity Act, 2003. The ERC Act, 1998 has been repealed by the enactment of the Electricity Act. The Commission consists of a Chairperson and four other Members including Chairperson, Central Electricity Authority who is also the ex-officio Member of the Commission.
Major functions of CERC under the Act are, inter-alia, to regulate the tariff of generating companies owned or controlled by the Central Government, to regulate the tariff of other generating companies having a composite scheme for generation and sale of electricity in more than one State, to regulate the inter-State transmission of electricity and to determine tariff for such transmission of electricity, etc. Under the Act, CERC shall also advise the Central Government on formulation of National Electricity Policy and Tariff Policy; promotion of competition, efficiency and economy in activities of electricity industry; promotion of investment in electricity industry; and any other matter referred to the Central Commission by the Government.
(Release ID :42676)