English Release 31-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India Congratulates DRDO on the Successful Test-Firing of Agni-V
- President’s Message on the Occasion of 38th Anniversary of Indian Coast Guard
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM reviews PaHaL Scheme for Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG Subsidy
- PM salutes our scientists, on the successful test-firing of Agni V missile
- PM gives best wishes to all athletes participating in the 35th National Games
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swachh Bharat Released
- Min of Culture
Dr Mahesh Sharma lays foundation stone of campus buildings of National Museum Institute and Indian Culinary Institute
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Siri Fort Auditorium amongst the top 50 auditoriums for cinema viewing in India- Col Rajyavardhan Rathore
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- 18th National Conference on e-Governance concludes in Gandhinagar
- ACC Appointments
- Ministry of Tourism
- Dr Mahesh Sharma lays foundation stone of campus buildings of National Museum Institute and Indian Culinary Institute
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Tribal Afairs Ministers Felicitates Tribal Guests and the Tableaux Artistes & Supporting Staff, who had Participated in this Year’s Republic Day Parade
- Min of Urban Development
- Speech made by the Hon’ble Union Minister for Urban Development at the Inauguration of 35th National Games in Kerala on 31st January, 2015
- States show the way forward on building smart cities
Ministry of Power11-September, 2008 18:19 IST
|Shri S. Jayaraman takes over as Member, CERC|
|Union Minister of Power, Shri Sushilkumar Shinde, today administered the Oath of Office and Secrecy to Shri S. Jayaraman as Member of Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC).
Shri S. Jayaraman was born on 10.5.1948. He holds BSc. Degree and is an FICWA. He woked for more than 20 years in the mining and power sector and retired as Chairman and Managing Director of Neyveli Lignite Corporation in May 2008.
The Central Electricity Regulatory Commission had been established by the Government of India under the provisions of the Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act, 1998 and is deemed to be constituted under the corresponding provisions of the Electricity Act, 2003. The ERC Act, 1998 has been repealed by the enactment of the Electricity Act. The Commission consists of a Chairperson and four other Members including Chairperson, Central Electricity Authority who is also the ex-officio Member of the Commission.
Major functions of CERC under the Act are, inter-alia, to regulate the tariff of generating companies owned or controlled by the Central Government, to regulate the tariff of other generating companies having a composite scheme for generation and sale of electricity in more than one State, to regulate the inter-State transmission of electricity and to determine tariff for such transmission of electricity, etc. Under the Act, CERC shall also advise the Central Government on formulation of National Electricity Policy and Tariff Policy; promotion of competition, efficiency and economy in activities of electricity industry; promotion of investment in electricity industry; and any other matter referred to the Central Commission by the Government.
(Release ID :42676)