English Release 6-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India congratulates Indian Cricket team for victory against West Indies in ICC World Cup, 2015
- Press Communique
- Min for Develop. of North-East Region
- CM Nagaland lauds innovative approach of DoNER Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Youth Affairs and Sports
- Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal Congratulates Indian Cricket Team
Cabinet26-February, 2009 14:32 IST
|National Commission for Safai Karamcharis – Extension in tenure for one year beyond 31.3.2009 (i.e. upto 31.3.2010)|
|A National Commission for Safai Karamcharis was constituted as a statutory Commission in August, 1994, and continued till February, 2004, when the relevant Act expired. Thereafter, the tenure of the Commission has been extended, as a non-statutory body, thrice so far- the last such extension being upto 31.03.2009.
The Commission is, inter alia, supposed to investigate grievances relating to non-implementation of schemes, laws etc. for the upliftment of safai karamcharis, evaluate the implementation of these measures, and make suitable recommendations to the Central Govt. in this regard.
Tenure of the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis has now been extended by a further period of one year beyond 31.03.209, i.e. upto 31.03.2010.
(Release ID :48015)