English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Cabinet26-February, 2009 14:32 IST
|National Commission for Safai Karamcharis – Extension in tenure for one year beyond 31.3.2009 (i.e. upto 31.3.2010)|
|A National Commission for Safai Karamcharis was constituted as a statutory Commission in August, 1994, and continued till February, 2004, when the relevant Act expired. Thereafter, the tenure of the Commission has been extended, as a non-statutory body, thrice so far- the last such extension being upto 31.03.2009.
The Commission is, inter alia, supposed to investigate grievances relating to non-implementation of schemes, laws etc. for the upliftment of safai karamcharis, evaluate the implementation of these measures, and make suitable recommendations to the Central Govt. in this regard.
Tenure of the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis has now been extended by a further period of one year beyond 31.03.209, i.e. upto 31.03.2010.
(Release ID :48015)