English Release 18-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Statement by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee to the media on board the special aircraft on his way back from his state visit to the socialist republic of Vietnam
- Election Commission
- General election to Legislative Assemblies of Maharastra and Haryana, 2014 – Media Coverage during the period referred to in Section 126 of RP Act, 1951
- Min of Agriculture
- Namibian High Commissioner Calls on Agriculture Minister
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister leaves for Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Latest position of supply of Petroleum products in Jammu and Kashmir
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 96.71 per bbl on 17.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Power Ministry Takes Several Measures to Restore Transmission Lines & Distribution System in Flood Hit J&K
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Chinese Youth Delegation called on Shri Sarbananda Sonowal
Cabinet26-February, 2009 14:32 IST
|National Commission for Safai Karamcharis – Extension in tenure for one year beyond 31.3.2009 (i.e. upto 31.3.2010)|
|A National Commission for Safai Karamcharis was constituted as a statutory Commission in August, 1994, and continued till February, 2004, when the relevant Act expired. Thereafter, the tenure of the Commission has been extended, as a non-statutory body, thrice so far- the last such extension being upto 31.03.2009.
The Commission is, inter alia, supposed to investigate grievances relating to non-implementation of schemes, laws etc. for the upliftment of safai karamcharis, evaluate the implementation of these measures, and make suitable recommendations to the Central Govt. in this regard.
Tenure of the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis has now been extended by a further period of one year beyond 31.03.209, i.e. upto 31.03.2010.
(Release ID :48015)