English Release 23-April 2014
- Election Commission
Overall Facts at A Glance of 6th Polling Day on 24th April, 2014
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (6th Poll Day)
- Min of Civil Aviation
DGCA Allows Use of Cellphone During Flight
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of March, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.08 per bbl on 22.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Mobile and Desktop APP on Windows 8.0 for National Train Enquiry System (NTES) Commenced
Cabinet26-February, 2009 14:32 IST
|National Commission for Safai Karamcharis – Extension in tenure for one year beyond 31.3.2009 (i.e. upto 31.3.2010)|
|A National Commission for Safai Karamcharis was constituted as a statutory Commission in August, 1994, and continued till February, 2004, when the relevant Act expired. Thereafter, the tenure of the Commission has been extended, as a non-statutory body, thrice so far- the last such extension being upto 31.03.2009.
The Commission is, inter alia, supposed to investigate grievances relating to non-implementation of schemes, laws etc. for the upliftment of safai karamcharis, evaluate the implementation of these measures, and make suitable recommendations to the Central Govt. in this regard.
Tenure of the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis has now been extended by a further period of one year beyond 31.03.209, i.e. upto 31.03.2010.
(Release ID :48015)