English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Cabinet26-February, 2009 14:32 IST
|National Commission for Safai Karamcharis – Extension in tenure for one year beyond 31.3.2009 (i.e. upto 31.3.2010)|
|A National Commission for Safai Karamcharis was constituted as a statutory Commission in August, 1994, and continued till February, 2004, when the relevant Act expired. Thereafter, the tenure of the Commission has been extended, as a non-statutory body, thrice so far- the last such extension being upto 31.03.2009.
The Commission is, inter alia, supposed to investigate grievances relating to non-implementation of schemes, laws etc. for the upliftment of safai karamcharis, evaluate the implementation of these measures, and make suitable recommendations to the Central Govt. in this regard.
Tenure of the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis has now been extended by a further period of one year beyond 31.03.209, i.e. upto 31.03.2010.
(Release ID :48015)