English Release 30-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
President to flag off the ‘Run for Unity’ tomorrow at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Vice President's Secretariat
- STUDENTS FROM J&K UNDER AEGIS OF SADBHAVNA EDUCATIONAL /MOTIVATIONAL TOUR CALL ON VICE PRESIDENT
- Vice President Inaugurates 7th Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Scientific Session
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles loss of lives in Sri Lanka landslide
- Shri Azim Premji calls on the Prime Minister
- Goa CM calls on PM
- Department of Space
- Engineers’ Conclave-2014 to be held in Bangalore
- Min of Agriculture
- Shaida Moh. Abdali Afghanistan Ambassador Calls on
Union Agriculture Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh
- Good Performance of NCDC
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Sugar production estimated 250.46 lakh tons during 2014-15
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Announces Measures for Fiscal Prudence and Economy; Every Ministry / Department to Effect A Mandatory 10% Cut in Non-Plan Expenditure; Utmost Economy to be Observed in Organizing Conferences/Seminars/Workshops; Ban on Purchase of Vehicles; in all Cases of Air Travel, the Lowest Air Fare Tickets Available for Entitled Class to be Purchased/Procured.
- Government Committed to Increase Savings Rate in the Country: Secretary, Financial Services;
- Finance Minister Asks the Senior Officers of the Income Tax Department not to Lose Sight of Domestic Black Money
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
For ending TB, Dr Harsh Vardhan calls for “Power of belief”
- Min of Home Affairs
- Activities on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas celebrations on 31st October
- Union Home Minister Approves Grant of Higher Compensation to Victims of Riots, Naxal and Terrorist Violence
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of HRD to Host 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Shri Arvind Mayaram is New Secretary of Minority Affairs
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Early closure of Government Offices today in connection with the “Run for Unity” flag off at Vijay Chowk
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.14 per bbl on 29.10.2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Japan offers assistance in promoting Intelligent Transport Systems
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Visit Kanpur Tomorrow
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi to hold first round of Regional Consultations on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in Chandigarh tomorrow
Ministry of Water Resources25-June, 2009 17:55 IST
|Sixteen externally aided water projects involving assistance of Rs. 12515.42 crore under implementation in states|
|The Ministry of Water Resources assists the State Governments in availing external assistance from different funding agencies to fill up the resource gap and state-of -the -art technology for water resources development of the country, particularly for irrigation schemes. The World Bank continues to be the primary source of external assistance in the water resources sector. Assistance is also being availed from multilateral/bilateral agencies and countries.
Presently there are sixteen ‘on-going’ externally aided projects involving the total assistance of Rs. 12515.42 crore under implementation in various States. These projects include ten projects with assistance from the ‘World Bank’ involving the total assistance of Rs. 10050.31 crore; one project with assistance from the ‘Asian Development Bank (ADB)’; and the assistance from other bilateral agencies include four projects with assistance from namely ‘Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC)’ and one project with assistance from ‘Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau (KFW), Germany’.
There are seven externally aided projects ‘in the pipeline’, out of which three projects are with World Bank and four projects are assisted with Asian Development Bank. The World Bank assisted projects include: Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) (Multi-state); Andhra Pradesh Water Sector Improvement Project, Modernization; and Rehabilitation of Nagarjuna Sagar Project and Orissa Water Sector Improvement Project. The Asian Development Bank assisted projects include: Orissa Integrated Irrigated Agriculture and Water Management Project; Sustainable Coastal Protection and Management Project; North Eastern Integrated Flood and River Bank Erosion Management Project (Assam); and North Eastern Integrated Flood and River Bank Erosion Management Project (Arunachal Pradesh).
Out of ten on-going externally aided projects assisted by World Bank, three projects relate to water sector restructuring in the States of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh; four projects relate to community based tank management in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka (Phase-I &II) and Orissa ; one project relates to water sector improvement in the State of Maharashtra ; one project relates to irrigated agriculture modernization and water bodies restoration and management of Tamil Nadu and the remaining one project relates to Hydrology (Phase-II) which covers thirteen States.
One on-going externally aided project assisted by ADB relates to Irrigation Development Project in Chattisgarh. The four ongoing externally aided projects assisted by JBIC relate to modernization of Kurnool-Cuddapah Canal (II) project in Andhra Pradesh; Irrigation and Livelihood Project in Andhra Pradesh, Rengali Irrigation Project in Orissa and Minor Irrigation Improvement Project in Rajasthan. One on-going project assisted by KFW relate to Minor Irrigation Project (KFW financial cooperation) in Maharashtra.
Out of three externally aided projects in the pipeline assisted by World Bank, two projects relate to water sector improvement in the States of Orissa and Andhra Pradesh ; and one project relates to DRIP in five States. Out of three externally aided projects under pipeline assisted by ADB relate to Orissa Integrated Irrigated Agriculture & Water Management Project; Sustainable Coastal Protection and Management Project (Multi-state); North Eastern Integrated Flood and River Bank Erosion Management Projects - one in Assam and another in Arunachal Pradesh.
(Release ID :49395)