English Release 28-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- LLB STUDENTS OF HOOGHLY MOHSIN COLLEGE CALL ON THE PRESIDENT
- President’s greetings on the occasion of
- President to present National Sports Awards tomorrow
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens on Ganesh Chaturthi
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s address during the ceremony held to launch the ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana’ (PMJDY)
- PM launches Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- "Excited to meet PM Shinzo Abe": PM tweets in Japanese for the first time
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
Jan-Dhan Programme at Bangalore
- Min of Defence
- Flagging off Ceremony : NCC Girls Mountaineering Expedition 2014 to MT Rudugaira Peak
- Ministry of Finance
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana Launched by The Prime Minister; About 1.5 Crore Accounts are Expected to be Opened on the Day of the Launch ; Over 77,000 Camps Being Organized for this Purpose
- Report on Public Debt Management for the First Quarter of 2014-15 (April-June 2014) Released
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
867 passengers being tracked for Ebola Virus Disease
- New health policy to address health issues of young modern women
- Min of Home Affairs
- Eminent Freedom Fighters Committee to Meet at Port Blair
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar to Chair National Consultation for Skill Development
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.39 per bbl on 27.08.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Arjuna Awards–2014 for Railway Sportspersons
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
Cashless Treatment for Road Accident Victims
- Min of Women and Child Development
Maneka Sanjay Gandhi Launches Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana in Dehradun Along with its Nation-Wide Launch
Ministry of Environment and Forests18-October, 2009 18:53 IST
|Eighth meeting of SAARC Environment Ministers begins tomorrow in Delhi
NATURAL DISASTER RAPID RESPONSE MECHANISM & SOUTH ASIA ENVIRONMENT OUTLOOK TO BE CONSIDERED
| The eighth meeting of the SAARC Environment Ministers begins here tomorrow. It will consider the Report of the Expert Group Meeting and the draft Agreement on the SAARC Natural Disaster Rapid Response Mechanism. The meeting is also expected to launch the South Asia Environment Outlook (SAEO) 2009 and will consider the modalities for a Regional Environment Treaty.
The member states earlier provided an update on the preparation of National Plans of Action for implementation of Disaster management and Disaster Prevention. On this basis, a comprehensive framework on Disaster Management in South Asia : A Framework for Action 2006-2015 has been prepared.
A decision to formulate this framework was taken earlier at the senior officials meetings held at Dhaka on 23 may, 2006 prior to SAARC environment ministers conference there.. All the member states earlier requested to provide their comments and views to incorporate in the Concept paper.
The meeting is likely to consider various areas of cooperation in the light of current development in the context of the environment in this region. They include Afforestation, Environment Management and Planning, Air quality management and water quality, Sustainable Habitats and Waste management, Land Degradation including Desertification, management of Coastal Areas, River Cleaning programme, Sustainable Livelihoods, and Eco-friendly Technology Development and Transfer Institutions-Capacity Building and Strengthening.
Earlier the fourteenth SAARC Summit which met at New Delhi in April, 2007, reiterated deep concern at the continued degradation of environment and reaffirmed the need to further strengthen cooperation towards protection and conservation of the environment as a priority area. It also strongly appeal to collaborate in addressing the problem of arsenic contamination of ground water, desertification and melting of glaciers.
Two presentations will be made during the senior officials meeting preceding the meeting of the SAARC Environment ministers tomorrow. The first is on the progress related to the development of the SAARC Natural Disaster Rapid Response Mechanism by Director, SAARC Disaster Management Centre, New Delhi and the second presentation is on SAARC Meteorological Research Center, Dhaka on Severe Thunderstorms Observatories and Regional modeling Programme (STORM).
(Release ID :53249)