English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Science & Technology
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Environment and Forests19-October, 2009 19:38 IST
|Indo-China Joint Workshop on National Action Plan on Climate Change begins in New Delhi
Bilateral Meeting between Minister, Environment & Forests, Government of India and Vice Chairman, Minister, National Development and Reform Commission, China
|The Indo-China Joint Workshop on National Action Plan on Climate Change will begin here on 21st October 2009.China and India both have prepared National Action Plans. Considering the similarities of the Plan, it has been decided to have a Technical Workshop to share the experience on scientific, technical and policy aspects relating to climate change issues in India and China. In the Workshop Indian and Chinese Experts will deliver lecture on subjects which include National Action Plan in India and China, Policy and actions on mitigation, Policies and actions on forests, Policies and actions on adaptation and Progress in Climate Change Science.
A Bilateral Meeting between Shri Jairam Ramesh, Ministerof State for Environment & Forests (I/C), Government of India and Mr. XIE Zhenhua, Vice Chairman, Minister, National also be held. Senior Officers of the Government of China and India will also participate at this Meeting. During the Meeting discussions will be focussed on Domestic Initiatives; Issues in multilateral negotiations (mitigation, adaptation, technology transfer and finance), and outlook for Copenhagen Meeting.
A Memorandum of Agreement on Cooperation on Addressing Climate Change between the Republic of China and the Government of the Republic of India will be signed by the Hon’ble Minister, Environment & Forests Shri Jairam Ramesh and by Mr. XIE Zhenhua, Vice Chairman, Minister, National Development and Reform Commission, China will be signed.This Agreement would strengthen the cooperative activities between China and India on mitigation, programmes, projects, technology development and demonstration relating to greenhouse gas emission reduction including energy conservation efficiency, renewable energies, clean coal, methane recovery and utilization, afforestation and sustainable management of forests and ecosystems, transportation and sustainable habitat.
National Development and Reform Commission, China and Ministry of Environment & Forests will be designated authority for implementation of this Agreement.
(Release ID :53278)