English Release 18-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Congratulates scientists for successful launch of GSLV Mk-III.
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir
- Min of Home Affairs
- Member of U.S. House of Representatives calls on Union Home Minister
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 57.29 per bbl on 17.12.2014
Ministry of Labour & Employment25-November, 2009 17:29 IST
|Setting up of more ITIs under Kaushal Vikas Yojana|
A project titled “Kaushal Vikas Yojana” has been taken up to set up 1500 Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) & 5000 Skill Development Centres (SDCs) in Public Private Partnership (PPP). These ITIs are proposed to be set up in unserviced blocks (blocks where no ITIs /ITC s exist) & SDCs in a cluster of about ten villages.
The purpose of setting up these institutions is to provide access to vocational training facilities to youth in rural, hilly, border & difficult areas. It is expected to provide opportunities of Skill development at door step of youth. Participation of private sector is expected to increase the number of vocations; impart quality & relevant training according to requirement of different sectors of economy and seek their assistance in placement of skilled youth.
This information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Labour & Employment Shri Harish Rawat in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :54594)