English Release 27-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- President of India conveys condolences over death of seven persons in crash of an Advanced Light Helicopter of Indian Air Force
- Min of Earth Science
- Ministry of Earth Sciences Celebrates its Foundation Day
- Min of Shipping
- Policy for Growth of Indian Controlled Tonnage
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 3rd day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Labour & Employment25-November, 2009 17:29 IST
|Setting up of more ITIs under Kaushal Vikas Yojana|
A project titled “Kaushal Vikas Yojana” has been taken up to set up 1500 Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) & 5000 Skill Development Centres (SDCs) in Public Private Partnership (PPP). These ITIs are proposed to be set up in unserviced blocks (blocks where no ITIs /ITC s exist) & SDCs in a cluster of about ten villages.
The purpose of setting up these institutions is to provide access to vocational training facilities to youth in rural, hilly, border & difficult areas. It is expected to provide opportunities of Skill development at door step of youth. Participation of private sector is expected to increase the number of vocations; impart quality & relevant training according to requirement of different sectors of economy and seek their assistance in placement of skilled youth.
This information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Labour & Employment Shri Harish Rawat in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :54594)