English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Railways04-March, 2010 14:35 IST
|Introduction of Food Plazas at Railway Stations|
At present, 52 Food Plazas are under operation on Indian Railways at Patna-First floor, Patna-Ground floor, Howrah (New & Old Complex), Vishakapatnam, Ranchi, Bilaspur, Raipur, Mughal Sarai, Sealdah, Jharsuguda, Delhi Main, Nizamuddin, Allahabad, Lucknow, Jaipur, Varanasi, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vijayawada-II, Kacheguda, Rajamundry, Secunderabad, Coimbatore, Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore, Chennai Beach, Chennai Park, Bangalore, Thrissur, Madurai, Tiruchchirappalli, Shoranur, Ernakulam North, Ernakulam South, Katpadi, Cannanore, Pune, Mumbai Central, Mumbai CST-Suburban Concourse, Mumbai CST-Main line Bldg, Mumbai Churchgate, Mumbai Churchgate-II, Nagpur, Agra, Habibganj, Jabalpur, Ahemdabad, Bhusawal, Akola, Surat and Bhopal.
Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will further commission six new Food Plazas at Palghat, Calicut, Dhone, Mangalore, Kota and Puri by April 2010. Besides, 25 Food Plazas of IRCTC are under construction at Pune, Manmad, Nasik, Thane, Vadodara, Ahmednagar, Matheran, Rajkot, Solapur, Daund, Ghaziabad, Amritsar, Salem, Erode, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore Cantt., Dharmavaram, Guwahati, Darjeeling, Ghum, Ranigarh, Kharagpur, Tata Nagar, Bhubaneshwar and Cuttack.
There will be no loss of job for existing catering staff since Food Plazas are provided in addition to the existing catering units.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways, Shri K.H. Muniyappa in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :58851)