English Release 1-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s address during his visit to Taimei Elementary School in Tokyo, Japan
- PM’s keynote address at the luncheon hosted by Nippon Kiedanren – the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Japan-India Business Cooperation Committee
- PM visits Taimei Elementary School in Tokyo
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister Denies Reports of Bilateral Talks with PAK Counterpart in Kathmandu
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery decreased to Rs 0.08/litre for the fortnight commencing 01.09.2014
Ministry of Railways04-March, 2010 14:35 IST
|Introduction of Food Plazas at Railway Stations|
At present, 52 Food Plazas are under operation on Indian Railways at Patna-First floor, Patna-Ground floor, Howrah (New & Old Complex), Vishakapatnam, Ranchi, Bilaspur, Raipur, Mughal Sarai, Sealdah, Jharsuguda, Delhi Main, Nizamuddin, Allahabad, Lucknow, Jaipur, Varanasi, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vijayawada-II, Kacheguda, Rajamundry, Secunderabad, Coimbatore, Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore, Chennai Beach, Chennai Park, Bangalore, Thrissur, Madurai, Tiruchchirappalli, Shoranur, Ernakulam North, Ernakulam South, Katpadi, Cannanore, Pune, Mumbai Central, Mumbai CST-Suburban Concourse, Mumbai CST-Main line Bldg, Mumbai Churchgate, Mumbai Churchgate-II, Nagpur, Agra, Habibganj, Jabalpur, Ahemdabad, Bhusawal, Akola, Surat and Bhopal.
Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will further commission six new Food Plazas at Palghat, Calicut, Dhone, Mangalore, Kota and Puri by April 2010. Besides, 25 Food Plazas of IRCTC are under construction at Pune, Manmad, Nasik, Thane, Vadodara, Ahmednagar, Matheran, Rajkot, Solapur, Daund, Ghaziabad, Amritsar, Salem, Erode, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore Cantt., Dharmavaram, Guwahati, Darjeeling, Ghum, Ranigarh, Kharagpur, Tata Nagar, Bhubaneshwar and Cuttack.
There will be no loss of job for existing catering staff since Food Plazas are provided in addition to the existing catering units.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways, Shri K.H. Muniyappa in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :58851)