English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Chinese President and First Lady visit Sabarmati Riverfront, accompanied by the PM
PM and Chinese President visit Sabarmati Ashram.
- PM and Chinese President Xi Jinping witness signing of 3 MoUs in Ahmedabad
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
Deputy USTR Meets Commerce Secretary
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Defence
- Operation Megh Rahat : 17 sep 14
Restoration of connectivity
- Opening Ceremony : Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2014
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Maharashtra Celebrates its 80th Foundation Day; Crosses the Business Level of Rs 2 Lakh Crores
- CMD, IFCI Ltd. Presents A Dividend Cheque of Rs. 92.30 Crore to the Union Finance Minister
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Medical Relief Operation Stepped up in J&K
- Min of Home Affairs
- A delegation of Unified Naga Council calls on the Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Govt Lobbying Hard for Base Rate Interest Regime for MSME : Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Dr.Najma Heptulla Announces Rs.120 Crore Relief and Rehabilitation Package for J&K Flood Victims
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas takes several measures to ensure availability of essential petroleum products in the aftermath of floods in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Railways04-March, 2010 14:35 IST
|Introduction of Food Plazas at Railway Stations|
At present, 52 Food Plazas are under operation on Indian Railways at Patna-First floor, Patna-Ground floor, Howrah (New & Old Complex), Vishakapatnam, Ranchi, Bilaspur, Raipur, Mughal Sarai, Sealdah, Jharsuguda, Delhi Main, Nizamuddin, Allahabad, Lucknow, Jaipur, Varanasi, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vijayawada-II, Kacheguda, Rajamundry, Secunderabad, Coimbatore, Chennai Central, Chennai Egmore, Chennai Beach, Chennai Park, Bangalore, Thrissur, Madurai, Tiruchchirappalli, Shoranur, Ernakulam North, Ernakulam South, Katpadi, Cannanore, Pune, Mumbai Central, Mumbai CST-Suburban Concourse, Mumbai CST-Main line Bldg, Mumbai Churchgate, Mumbai Churchgate-II, Nagpur, Agra, Habibganj, Jabalpur, Ahemdabad, Bhusawal, Akola, Surat and Bhopal.
Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will further commission six new Food Plazas at Palghat, Calicut, Dhone, Mangalore, Kota and Puri by April 2010. Besides, 25 Food Plazas of IRCTC are under construction at Pune, Manmad, Nasik, Thane, Vadodara, Ahmednagar, Matheran, Rajkot, Solapur, Daund, Ghaziabad, Amritsar, Salem, Erode, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore Cantt., Dharmavaram, Guwahati, Darjeeling, Ghum, Ranigarh, Kharagpur, Tata Nagar, Bhubaneshwar and Cuttack.
There will be no loss of job for existing catering staff since Food Plazas are provided in addition to the existing catering units.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways, Shri K.H. Muniyappa in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :58851)