English Release 26-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India condoles the passing away of Sitara Devi
- Prime Minister's Office
- Speech by the Prime Minister at the SAARC Summit
- 26/11: PM salutes the bravery of security personnel who laid down their lives and reaffirms commitment to combat terrorism
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Appointment of SPG Director
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 76.91 per bbl on 25.11.2014
Ministry of Rural Development13-May, 2010 15:20 IST
|Impact Assessment of Nirmal Gram Puraskar|
|The Department of Drinking Water Supply under the Ministry of Rural Development has organised the “Assessment study of Impact and Sustainability of Nirmal Gram Puraskar (NGP)” awarded Gram Panchayats during 2005-2008 in collaboration with the Centre for Media Studies, New Delhi. It is proposed to conduct survey in 12 states by the selected agencies. A sampling methodology for this purpose has been developed in consultation with the Ministry of Rural Development and UNICEF. |
The objective is to assess the impact of NGP on the pace of progress of sanitation availability and usage in the country under TSC and its related impacts on health, education, gender empowerment, social inclusion in rural areas on different user groups particularly the rural poor. This study will also assess the durability and sustainability on the provision and usage of sanitary facilities over time. The rational of this evaluation study will be to provide important evidence on the NGP component of the TSC. The Study will provide a national level report on assessment of impact of NGP.
The “Nirmal Gram Puraskar” “Clean Village Award” was started in 2005 under Total Sanitation Campaign (TSC) to honor, felicitate and encourage those Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) which have achieved full sanitation coverage in their area of operation and become Open Defecation Free and clean villages, for making TSC into a mass movement.
(Release ID :61809)