English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Labour & Employment11-August, 2010 16:46 IST
|Kaushal Vikas Yojana|
|The aim of ‘Kaushal Vikas Yojana (KVY)’ is to provide more equitable access to skill development opportunities across the country by reducing regional imbalances in skill development institutions.|
Immediate objective of KVY is to set up 1500 new Industrial Training Institutes, 5000 Skill Development Centres across the country.
The institutes will be set up preferably in unserviced blocks (blocks where no ITIs/ITCs exists), difficult & backward areas including hilly areas, border areas etc.
The scheme is yet to be started and would be implemented through Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode involving three partners:-
(i) Private Training Provider playing the lead role;
(ii) State Governments are expected to extend all the possible logistical support, provide land & basic infrastructural facilities free of cost; and
(iii) Central Government providing Viability Gap Funding (VGF).
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment Shri Harish Rawat gave this information in reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :64579)