English Release 22-December 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India’s message on the eve of National Day of Japan
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Statement by Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda, Minister of Health & Family Welfare on 22nd December, 2014 in Lok Sabha in response to the call attention motion regarding the situation arising out of spread of “Encephalitis’’ in Uttar Pradesh and other parts of the country and steps taken by the Government in this regard
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 56.91 per bbl on 19.12.2014
- Min of Power
- Advisory Group for Integrated Development of Power, Coal, and Renewable Energy Submits its Report
Ministry of Labour & Employment11-August, 2010 16:46 IST
|Kaushal Vikas Yojana|
|The aim of ‘Kaushal Vikas Yojana (KVY)’ is to provide more equitable access to skill development opportunities across the country by reducing regional imbalances in skill development institutions.|
Immediate objective of KVY is to set up 1500 new Industrial Training Institutes, 5000 Skill Development Centres across the country.
The institutes will be set up preferably in unserviced blocks (blocks where no ITIs/ITCs exists), difficult & backward areas including hilly areas, border areas etc.
The scheme is yet to be started and would be implemented through Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode involving three partners:-
(i) Private Training Provider playing the lead role;
(ii) State Governments are expected to extend all the possible logistical support, provide land & basic infrastructural facilities free of cost; and
(iii) Central Government providing Viability Gap Funding (VGF).
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment Shri Harish Rawat gave this information in reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :64579)