English Release 28-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India condoles the passing away of P R Kyndiah
- President of India condoles the passing away of Brig. T. Sailo
- Tribal Youth attending the Seventh Tribal Youth Exchange Programme call on the President
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM tweets about his upcoming 3-nation tour
- PM greets the people on the occasion of Ram Navami
Ministry of Labour & Employment11-August, 2010 16:46 IST
|Kaushal Vikas Yojana|
|The aim of ‘Kaushal Vikas Yojana (KVY)’ is to provide more equitable access to skill development opportunities across the country by reducing regional imbalances in skill development institutions.|
Immediate objective of KVY is to set up 1500 new Industrial Training Institutes, 5000 Skill Development Centres across the country.
The institutes will be set up preferably in unserviced blocks (blocks where no ITIs/ITCs exists), difficult & backward areas including hilly areas, border areas etc.
The scheme is yet to be started and would be implemented through Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode involving three partners:-
(i) Private Training Provider playing the lead role;
(ii) State Governments are expected to extend all the possible logistical support, provide land & basic infrastructural facilities free of cost; and
(iii) Central Government providing Viability Gap Funding (VGF).
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment Shri Harish Rawat gave this information in reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :64579)