English Release 23-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ON THE EVE OF THE MARTYRDOM DAY OF GURU TEG BAHADUR
- PRESS COMMUNIQUE
- Min of Defence
- Coastal Security Network Must Ensure Zero Tolerance to Error: Parrikar
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 45TH IFFI Celebrates Dance in Indian Cinema
- New Experiments in Documentaries Section
- 45th IFFI Pays Retrospective Honours to Gulzar; Screens ‘Libas’
- Cinema Means Love and Responsibility Not Business: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Student Filmmakers are Promising and Full of Original Concepts: Prof. B. Diwakar
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Government convenes all Party meet on CSAT exam issue
- Prime Minister confident of a productive Winter Session of Parliament beginning tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives cheque for J&K flood relief from PEPCO Bank
- Min of Science & Technology
- HPV option to prevent preterm births dangerous --Dr Harsh Vardhan
Ministry of Labour & Employment11-August, 2010 16:46 IST
|Kaushal Vikas Yojana|
|The aim of ‘Kaushal Vikas Yojana (KVY)’ is to provide more equitable access to skill development opportunities across the country by reducing regional imbalances in skill development institutions.|
Immediate objective of KVY is to set up 1500 new Industrial Training Institutes, 5000 Skill Development Centres across the country.
The institutes will be set up preferably in unserviced blocks (blocks where no ITIs/ITCs exists), difficult & backward areas including hilly areas, border areas etc.
The scheme is yet to be started and would be implemented through Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode involving three partners:-
(i) Private Training Provider playing the lead role;
(ii) State Governments are expected to extend all the possible logistical support, provide land & basic infrastructural facilities free of cost; and
(iii) Central Government providing Viability Gap Funding (VGF).
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment Shri Harish Rawat gave this information in reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :64579)