English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Culture23-August, 2011 14:49 IST
|Nehru Memorial Museum and Library|
| Minister for Culture and Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation Kumari Selja has said that a request for a one-time grant of Rs.5 crore to meet the needs of the Selected Works Project was received from Director, Nehru Memorial Museum & Library (NMML) on 30 September, 2008 pursuant to the decision the Executive Council of NMML in its meeting held on 10 April, 2008 wherein it was agreed in principle to take over the publication of the “Selected Works of Jawaharlal Nehru” from the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JNMF) w.e.f. 1 April, 2008. An amount of Rs.5 crores was sanctioned to NMML in two installments: first installment of Rs.3.30 crores was paid on 25 March, 2009 and 2nd installment of Rs.1.70 crores on 31 March, 2009. There exists a standard clause in the sanction orders under which funds sanctioned could not be diverted to any organisation.|
In a written reply in the Lok Sabha today she said, it is stated that prior to the issue of the sanction order, a decision had been taken in the meetings of the Finance Committee of 5 March, 2009 and the Executive Council of 6 March, 2009 that the Project regarding publication of “Selected Works of Jawaharlal Nehru” will continue to be handled by JNMF. However, no communication to this effect was received from NMML in the Ministry prior to the issue of the Sanction orders referred to above.
She said, the objection in this regard was raised by the Internal Audit Party of the Ministry which conducted ‘Performance Evaluation of NMML’ between 18 January and February, 2010. On receipt of the Report a reference was made on 7 July, 2010 by Chairman, Executive Council, NMML to the Secretary, Culture explaining the circumstances under which the work would continue to be done by the JNMF. The same was considered and approved, ex-post-facto, by the Ministry.
(Release ID :74876)