English Release 11-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India presents standard to 112 HU and colours to 4 BRD of Indian Air Force
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Fact Sheet on Chandigarh
- Election Expenditure per elector up by twenty times in 2009 compared to first General Elections
- Fact Sheet on NCT of Delhi
- Press Note
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- India’s Foreign Trade: February, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.46 per bbl on 10.3.2014
Ministry of Home Affairs30-November, 2011 18:36 IST
|Fencing along India-Bangladesh Border|
|Assam has 263 km of international border with Bangladesh out of which 143.9 km is land border and 119.1 km of reverine border. Govt. has sanctioned 230.03 km border fence in Assam out of which 221.56 km has been completed.|
As per mutual understanding, no construction of fencing is generally undertaken within 150 yards of Indo-Bangladesh Border. Moreover, border fencing has been erected after due consideration of terrain constraints in the area i.e. availability of the land, presence of nullah/river, villages, etc. and concerns of local population. Further, gates are also provided through the fencing to facilitate access of villager to their lands beyond fencing.
Besides, Border Guarding Force also maintains strict surveillance and vigil to ensure that no encroachment takes place.
This was stated by Shri Mullappally Ramachandran, Minister of State of Home Affairs in written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77968)