English Release 22-December 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India’s message on the eve of National Day of Japan
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Statement by Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda, Minister of Health & Family Welfare on 22nd December, 2014 in Lok Sabha in response to the call attention motion regarding the situation arising out of spread of “Encephalitis’’ in Uttar Pradesh and other parts of the country and steps taken by the Government in this regard
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 56.91 per bbl on 19.12.2014
- Min of Power
- Advisory Group for Integrated Development of Power, Coal, and Renewable Energy Submits its Report
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Literacy Among Tribals
- Development Schemes for Tribals
- Rights of Tribals
Ministry of Home Affairs30-November, 2011 18:36 IST
|Fencing along India-Bangladesh Border|
|Assam has 263 km of international border with Bangladesh out of which 143.9 km is land border and 119.1 km of reverine border. Govt. has sanctioned 230.03 km border fence in Assam out of which 221.56 km has been completed.|
As per mutual understanding, no construction of fencing is generally undertaken within 150 yards of Indo-Bangladesh Border. Moreover, border fencing has been erected after due consideration of terrain constraints in the area i.e. availability of the land, presence of nullah/river, villages, etc. and concerns of local population. Further, gates are also provided through the fencing to facilitate access of villager to their lands beyond fencing.
Besides, Border Guarding Force also maintains strict surveillance and vigil to ensure that no encroachment takes place.
This was stated by Shri Mullappally Ramachandran, Minister of State of Home Affairs in written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77968)