English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Home Affairs30-November, 2011 18:36 IST
|Fencing along India-Bangladesh Border|
|Assam has 263 km of international border with Bangladesh out of which 143.9 km is land border and 119.1 km of reverine border. Govt. has sanctioned 230.03 km border fence in Assam out of which 221.56 km has been completed.|
As per mutual understanding, no construction of fencing is generally undertaken within 150 yards of Indo-Bangladesh Border. Moreover, border fencing has been erected after due consideration of terrain constraints in the area i.e. availability of the land, presence of nullah/river, villages, etc. and concerns of local population. Further, gates are also provided through the fencing to facilitate access of villager to their lands beyond fencing.
Besides, Border Guarding Force also maintains strict surveillance and vigil to ensure that no encroachment takes place.
This was stated by Shri Mullappally Ramachandran, Minister of State of Home Affairs in written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77968)