English Release 25-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT OF INDIA WELCOMES US PRESIDENT AT FORECOURT OF RASHTRAPATI BHAVAN
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM greets the fellow citizens and Election Commission of India on National Voters' Day
- Min of Defence
- Republic Day Parade 2015- A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Home Affairs
- Jeevan Raksha Padak Awards – 2014 announced
- Republic Day Police Medals 2015 Announced
- Republic Day Correctional Service Medals Announced
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC appointments
- Ministry of Railways
- Three RPF Personnel Awarded President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service
Ministry of Home Affairs30-November, 2011 18:36 IST
|Fencing along India-Bangladesh Border|
|Assam has 263 km of international border with Bangladesh out of which 143.9 km is land border and 119.1 km of reverine border. Govt. has sanctioned 230.03 km border fence in Assam out of which 221.56 km has been completed.|
As per mutual understanding, no construction of fencing is generally undertaken within 150 yards of Indo-Bangladesh Border. Moreover, border fencing has been erected after due consideration of terrain constraints in the area i.e. availability of the land, presence of nullah/river, villages, etc. and concerns of local population. Further, gates are also provided through the fencing to facilitate access of villager to their lands beyond fencing.
Besides, Border Guarding Force also maintains strict surveillance and vigil to ensure that no encroachment takes place.
This was stated by Shri Mullappally Ramachandran, Minister of State of Home Affairs in written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :77968)