English Release 30-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
President to flag off the ‘Run for Unity’ tomorrow at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Vice President's Secretariat
- STUDENTS FROM J&K UNDER AEGIS OF SADBHAVNA EDUCATIONAL /MOTIVATIONAL TOUR CALL ON VICE PRESIDENT
- Vice President Inaugurates 7th Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Scientific Session
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles loss of lives in Sri Lanka landslide
- Shri Azim Premji calls on the Prime Minister
- Goa CM calls on PM
- Department of Space
- Engineers’ Conclave-2014 to be held in Bangalore
- Min of Agriculture
- Shaida Moh. Abdali Afghanistan Ambassador Calls on
Union Agriculture Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh
- Good Performance of NCDC
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Sugar production estimated 250.46 lakh tons during 2014-15
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Announces Measures for Fiscal Prudence and Economy; Every Ministry / Department to Effect A Mandatory 10% Cut in Non-Plan Expenditure; Utmost Economy to be Observed in Organizing Conferences/Seminars/Workshops; Ban on Purchase of Vehicles; in all Cases of Air Travel, the Lowest Air Fare Tickets Available for Entitled Class to be Purchased/Procured.
- Government Committed to Increase Savings Rate in the Country: Secretary, Financial Services;
- Finance Minister Asks the Senior Officers of the Income Tax Department not to Lose Sight of Domestic Black Money
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
For ending TB, Dr Harsh Vardhan calls for “Power of belief”
- Min of Home Affairs
- Activities on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas celebrations on 31st October
- Union Home Minister Approves Grant of Higher Compensation to Victims of Riots, Naxal and Terrorist Violence
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of HRD to Host 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Shri Arvind Mayaram is New Secretary of Minority Affairs
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Early closure of Government Offices today in connection with the “Run for Unity” flag off at Vijay Chowk
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.14 per bbl on 29.10.2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Japan offers assistance in promoting Intelligent Transport Systems
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Visit Kanpur Tomorrow
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi to hold first round of Regional Consultations on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in Chandigarh tomorrow
Ministry of Environment and Forests19-December, 2011 18:07 IST
|Protection of Bio-Diversity|
|The Government has taken a number of measures to protect marine biodiversity in the country. These measures inter-alia include: |
(i) The Ministry of Environment & Forests implements a Plan Scheme for conservation and management of mangroves and coral reefs in the country
(ii) The Ministry of Environment & Forests has initiated an Integrated Coastal Zone Management Project with the assistance of World Bank, under which funds have been earmarked for marine national park conservation in Gujarat and coral regeneration, and development of marine aquarium and a research centre in West Bengal.
(iii) A “Task Force for Conservation of Marine Biodiversity” has been constituted to formulate steps for protection and conservation of marine biodiversity, including identification of gap areas in coastal and marine biodiversity, assess the existing capacity of institutions involved in coastal and marine biodiversity research, and to develop capacity on survey and monitoring of marine biodiversity; and recommend strategies and action plans for marine biodiversity conservation.
(iv) The Ministry of Environment & Forests is implementing two externally aided projects in the East Godavari River Estuarine Ecosystem, Andhra Pradesh and Malvan Coast, Sindhudurg District, Maharashtra during 2011 to 2016, with the aim of sectoral mainstreaming including knowledge management for coastal and marine biodiversity conservation, institutional capacity development, and sustainable community livelihoods and natural resource use in project land/seascape.
(v) Funds are provided to the State Governments for Marine National Parks and Sanctuaries in the country for conservation and management of wildlife habitat including fishes under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme on ‘Integrated Development of Wildlife Habitats’. A sum of Rs. 136.86 lacs has been released during the last financial and current financial years for eight Marine National Parks and Sanctuaries.
(vi) Financial assistance is also provided for recovery programme to an endangered marine species Dugong under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme, ‘Integrated Development of Wildlife Habitat’. The funds released during the current financial year for recovery of Dugong species is Rs. 18.61 lakhs.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Environment and Forests (independent charge) Shrimati Jayanthi Natarajan in a written reply to a question by Prof. (Dr.) Ranjan Prasad Yadav in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :79007)