English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
Ministry of Defence06-July, 2012 16:32 IST
|NCC Cadets Scale Deo Tibba Peak|
|Lt Gen PS Bhalla, Director General, National Cadet Corps (DGNCC) flagged in the Deo Tibba Mountaineering Expedition here today. Welcoming the cadets, Lt. General Bhalla said that he was proud of the outstanding NCC cadets who had shown indomitable spirit and perseverance in scaling the peak. |
Deo Tibba is a peak of moderate height with medium to high difficulty of climbing. The peak is located in District Kullu of Himachal Pradesh with treacherous snow and ice slopes of gradient between 50-75 degrees. The first summit team scaled the peak on 20 Jun 2012 followed by the second team on 22 Jun 2012. A total of 21 cadets and ten instructors scaled the peak. Col SC Sharma an experienced mountaineer is the expedition leader.
The National Cadet Corps conducts many adventure activities of which mountaineering is one of the most sought after sport and popular among the cadets. To foster the spirit of adventure among the youth, the NCC launches two mountaineering expeditions every year as part of its Annual Training Curriculum. Rich from the experience of mountaineering expeditions in the past, the NCC has mooted the idea to scale Mount Everest – The ultimate dream of every mountaineer. To select the team for Mt. Everest expedition, 108 cadets were shortlisted and trained at National Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi in January this year. 40 cadets were thereafter selected for the next stage i.e Deo Tibba expedition (6001 M).
(Release ID :85220)