English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Railways30-November, 2012 18:12 IST
|IRCTC to Set Up More Drinking Water Plants |
|To ensure adequate availability of Rail Neer, Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has set up three drinking water plants at Nangloi (Delhi) and Danapur (Bihar) and Palur (Tamil Nadu) for production of one litre packaged drinking water bottles. Apart from this, six bottling plants are to be set up by IRCTC at Ambala, Amethi, Mal, Nasik, Farakka and Trivandrum as announced in Railway Budget 2010-11. The sale price of Rail Neer is based on the cost of production and distribution. |
As per extant policy guidelines wherever Rail Neer Packaged Drinking Water bottles (PDW) is not adequately available, other Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) approved packaged drinking water bottles having requisite laid down standards, are shortlisted by Zonal Railways and permitted for sale over the Railways.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Kotla Jaya Surya Prakash Reddy in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :89767)