English Release 21-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Rashtrapati Bhavan’s ‘In-Residence Programme’ to feature two artists and two writers in September 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 100.32 per bbl on 20.08.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways goes up by 14.72 per cent during the Month of July 2014 & 9.30 per cent during April-July 2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- Full text of the Resolution adopted at the Second National Conference of Tourism Ministers
- Full text of the speech of the Union Tourism and Culture Minister Shri Shripad Yesso Naik at the inaugural session of the State Tourism Ministers’ Conference
Ministry of Home Affairs24-December, 2012 10:28 IST
|Committee of Eminent Jurists to Suggest Amendments to Criminal Law |
|Government has decided to constitute a committee of eminent jurists to look into possible amendments to the criminal law so as to provide for quicker trial and enhanced punishment for criminals, accused of committing sexual assault of extreme nature against women. |
Shri Justice (Retd) JS Verma, former Chief Justice of India will be the Chairman of the committee. Smt.Justice (Retd) Leila Seth, former Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh and Shri Gopal Subramaniam, former Solicitor General of India will be the other members. The committee shall submit its report within 30 days.
In the light of the recent incident, the Government has given anxious consideration to the need for reviewing the present laws so as to provide for speedier justice and enhanced punishment in cases of aggravated sexual assault.
(Release ID :91132)